Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2014 - A year of running for Ambitious about Autism

In 2012, my eldest son was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. It was a challenging time for all our family, and I began running as a way of having a little time to myself, and as a way to relieve some of the stress.

In 2013 I have gone from being someone who couldn't run up the road, to completing my first half marathon - the Great North Run 2013.

2014 is the year that I run my first Marathon! I am very excited to have a place to run the London Marathon on 13th April. I'm also running the Silverstone Half Marathon, the Bupa London 10K, and the Great North Run. There may also be a couple more events to add to that list! I'm doing it all to raise as much money as possible for Ambitious about Autism, the national charity for children and young people with autism. If you are able to sponsor me you can do so here:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SusanSpence2014

You can also sponsor by texting SSLM77 plus the amount you wish to sponsor me (£1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10) to 70070. For example, text SSLM77 £2 to 70070 to sponsor me £2.

Thank you so much for your support and your kind donations. It means so much, and is that extra incentive to keep training and keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment